Thursday, March 19, 2009
spring break
This week the kids had spring break. My kids have been fairly busy with helping Jay in the office, going to the movies, jumping on the trampoline with friends, playing with Fritz, tv, oh-so-beloved chores, and more tv. The weather has been so nice lately and I know it won't be for long so I keep telling the kids to go outside! This lovely ill-timed week off of school culminates Friday with the first day of spring. Here is AZ, that usually means it's gonna be too hot to go outside much, so take advantage of each day under 90. Seriously, we have 4 seasons: summer, end of summer, kindof winter, and spring. Summer lasts at least 6 months. End of summer goes until Thanksgiving, kindof winter lasts until the end of January, and spring is from Feb-mid-March. After mid March, if you have a day that is under 90, get your hiney outside and take advantage. It's not going to be long before 100 hits. I HATE AZ SUMMERS. I don't think I have it in me to endure another one. By September I am soooooo anxious and depressed. This time it took until March to pull out of it! and summer's here again! yuck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Maybe you won't have to be there for another summer. Maybe you'll be having a SoCal summer instead.
You have NO IDEA how much I want that to happen. And all I can say, is... it's about frickin' time!
I soooo agree with you on that whole 4 season thing. I hate our summers too. Yuck!!! Every single year about June or July I say now why do we live here again? And that feeling lasts clear until about end of October.
JoLynn
P.S. Where do you guys live in Arizona?
We live in Glendale, not far from Julianne. Jimmy's over in Peoria. Are you guys still in East Mesa?
Post a Comment