Sunday, November 9, 2008

Mary's another year older, another year wiser.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARY!!!
Oh, how I wish I was there to celebrate. And celebrate we will, as soon as I can get there. (thanksgiving). You're awesome, Mary!

You see, I am 12 years older than Mary. I have all these "mommy instincts" when it comes to this particular little sis. I always have. Heck, I changed her diapers, wiped her butt, took her to see Santa, etc.. and I remember it! With the craptastic year she has had, these instincts have totally manifested themselves again. I would do anything to step in and make everything all better for her. I'd rather have the pain myself instead of thinking or seeing that she is in pain. I'd shave my head if it meant that she could keep all her hair. But this time, no one could take the pain for her, and she came out on top, fighting every step, giving cancer the preverbial "finger". I am so proud of her. I was proud when she finished the triathlon with me in May. Now, knowing that she did it with a freakin tumor in her chest, chokes me up. For a little sister, she sure is a big example. She has reminded me that we are all stronger than we think, can handle more than we thought, and can do it with style. The poor girl's been pumped full of poison and been to hell and back and she still looks beautiful. Look at any of the photos! The girl is gorgeous!

I'm all teary thinking about my sis and I'm so sad I couldn't be there with her today. My thoughts are all jumbled up in tears now.... so this sums it up. Mary, I love you so much and I am so proud of you. Words can't express it. I think you just showed the world that you can do ANYTHING you stick your mind to. You rock, sister.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Thank you, Shaunee! That was very sweet. But I still don't think I can do anything just because I'm "beating" cancer though.