Monday, November 9, 2009

The Weekend

Busy weekend. Had to think hard about what I was grateful for. I think that says something for my frame of mind. Especially considering how blessed I am. There is the ususal list of family, home, food, etc.; but I want this to be something unique about each day. Still, it shouldn't be hard, but for some reason it's not coming easy. Man, my head is screwed up! I don't have health insurance til Dec1, so that won't be medically fixed anytime soon........ this is going the wrong direction.:(

Okay, start over. Saturday I was thankful for my sweet daughter, Rebekah. After doing her mountain of dishes, she stuck around and helped me core, peel, and slice TONS of apples for the apple crisp I had to make. I had to make enough for 50 people for a church function on Sunday night. It took us 4 hours, and she helped the whole time, even with my quick temper, without being asked. It is so nice to have a 14 year old daughter without the usual teenage attitude! I am sure it won't last forever that way, but for now..... I am SO grateful for her. I call her a little MIT (Mom-in-Training) and she has surpassed my ability, a long time ago!

On Sunday I was thankful for the cute girls that came over on Saturday night. Two of the girls from church, Eric's age, came over and asked if Rebekah was here. She was out to dinner and a movie with a friend of hers. They stayed and just chatted for a long time. I ended up feeding them and then we watched a movie. I love impromptu movie nights! It was fun to chat and laugh with them. I hope they were as entertained as I was. When Rebekah came home she was a little surprised to see her mom and two girls watching a movie.... but when Eric came home and saw two of his friends 'hanging out' with his mom; that face was priceless. (the movie had ended by then).

When I look at my small 'list' of things I am grateful for each day, they are pretty simple. Not sure what that says about me yet.

1 comment:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I have been on overload the last few days and have been unable to check out blogs to much but tonight I finally sat down with my Cherry Pepsi and began reading. I so enjoy reading your posts. I just know that we'd be good good friends if we lived closer! You are so fun and I relate so much to you!

You gave me some serious hope for my little Brilynn. She is so sweet and so kind and helpful. She puts up with me and my grumpy rude moods and I keep waiting for her to snap and switch. I have thought that her sweetness would leave when she became a teenager but reading about your sweet girl gives me a new sense of hope:) Maybe she will stay sweet, kind, and helpful! I hope.

Also I now know that I need to move to California and live close to the beach. Maybe that's what my mood needs the beach!

Thanks for sharing!
JoLynn