Monday, December 22, 2008

2 days 'til Christmas

Thanksgiving, 2 first birthday parties, many wrestling tournaments, shopping, wrapping, crafting, CLEANING, another birthday party, work, house training the puppy. That is the list of what's been going on. I haven't worked out since before Thanksgiving. The only thing I can count as even sort of a workout is running "suicides" in the backyard with the puppy. (think basketball drills). Is anyone else as busy as this? I'm exhausted. I find myself needing more and more sleep but then, not being able to sleep. I know what I need, but I'm last on the list of things to take care of. Right now, I just want to get through the next week.
Tomorrow I have to work, then clean, wrap, and bake. Wednesday is Christmas Eve; dinner at my house, the rolls need to be started by about 10:00. Thursday is Christmas. Friday is a family reunion. Saturday my in-laws come. Whew! I'm hoping the by Thursday I can just sit in my pajamas and enjoy my clean house and quiet kids (i'm not holding my breath).
I hope all of you are enjoying this week and are not as far behing schedule as I am. If so, and you're up at 1:00am trying to finish that last minute gift while the kid who it's intended for is in bed.......you're in good company.
Even with my stress filled days, I stop several times a day and am reminded of all the friends and family we won't be seeing this Christmas. I'll miss you and think of you while lying under my tree with a huge Diet Coke on Thursday morning...when we all get up...around 10:00. haha-all of you with little kids will be up before dawn! suckers!

1 comment:

Julianne said...

Thank you for the VERY yummy dinner! We loved EVERYTHING! I better get to bed...I did tell my kids that they cant wake me up before 8am - we will see if that really happens!