Wednesday brought apologies from teenagers...because I WAS RIGHT, as usual. haha.
Wednesday was also Eric's first VARSITY football game. He's a sophomore. He's on the JV team. The Skyhawks had a pre-season scrimmage vs. Centennial (2x state champs) on Wednesday. They invited only 8 sophomores to go. Eric did really well. It was weird to see him looking small on the sidelines. He's usually right in the middle or one of the bigger guys. Put him next to seniors....and geesh! Mommy instincts take over. As far as being picked to play with varsity, I sure am glad that SOMEONE made him go to practice Tuesday, when the coach decided. That person must be a freakin' genius.......to know that it shows the coach that you really want to be there when you show up even when your shoulder got jammed the night before and, and, and.....
This is the jersey presentation after last week's Blue vs. Silver Scrimmage.
This is the scrimmage vs. Centennial. My boy is #44. Half-back and Middle Linebacker.
In the middle of the big-boy tackle.
So, I know that these are all views coming from "mommy" and that Eric would die if he saw those captions. However, I was extremely worried that some big senior was gonna lay him out. When the game was over, there was no injuries and a HUGE smile on the kid. After that, next week's 1st season game will be nothing...it's just JV.
Next week I get to go hang out with Mary for her 3rd round of chemo. Yay! Hopefully this will be the 1/2 way point (only 6 rounds-depending on how much the tumor has shrunk). I'm so excited to spend time with her. Maybe I'll shave my head to match hers:)





7 comments:
I don't recommend the head shaving...but, hey that's just me...vain. Tell Eric my # was 44 in basketball. Not that it'll bring him any luck...I sucked! But, hey its still my #!!!
Oh, and I forgot to say...tell that damn family of yours to STOP YELLING AT YOU!! Or they will have to deal with my neverending rants. Esp. that husband of yours....there's no yelling at the mommy! Duh! At least I'm assuming that's what made you burst into tears if you're immune to the kids yelling.
I, too, burst into tears at the drop of a hat. ANYTHING can make me cry. How do we overcome this, Shaunee?
I think you're great!
Cry? Heck I think I do that once a week if not more...I had a shower melt down last week. I let it all out and then some after I got out. Sometimes it just gets to you, that whole, nobody gives a crap stuff. hang in there,
You will NOT be allowed to shave your head. Hell no. You have perfectly good hair, and you will keep it, damn it!
I hope playing with the "big kids" put Eric more in his place. Maybe bring down the conceded points down a few notches.
See you tomorrow!!!
Hope you are having fun in CA. Take a nice break while you can :)
And, I need a football schedule when you get back. Go Eric!
Go Centennial!!! Just kidding... sortof. I'm proud of Eric getting on that field and holding his own with the big boys.
Thanks for sharing the pics!
Hope you are having fun with Mep.
Post a Comment