I can't believe it's been a week since I blogged. I've been down for the count with some back-to-school, cold-like/flu-like, PITA virus that one of my little angels brought home from school. Of course, they get the sniffles for a couple of days and I get sick for almost a week. I just love my immune system. Even Jay's been sick all week.....both of us only worked 1 day. Crap. Next week is gonna be hell.
So....this week I got NOTHING done on my house. Last Saturday I painted my bedroom, about 1/2 way done. After the bed/bath is painted and another whole-house deep cleaning, the inside of the house will be done.......ready for the For Sale sign. Unfortunately, we still have some yard sprucing-up to do. At this point, we know that we probably won't be moving anytime before the end of the year. Possibly next summer. Who knows. At this point, we are just doing what we can and letting the guy upstairs take care of the rest. I know that a normal person/couple/family could get their house ready for the market in about two weeks. It's taken us two months+. We started remodeling two years ago. With life, work, kids, church stuff.... it takes me FOREVER. I don't get it. It's frustrating. I wish I knew what I could do to "get better", but I am what I am. As of today, I'm not real thrilled with that.
Today Jay and I ventured out of the house, to Paradise Bakery for lunch. We split the large Crumbly Bleu Salad with Chicken. At the checkout counter, I tell the lady that I also want a large diet coke. She asked Jay if we wanted any cookies. He looked at me and said "do you want a cookie?" I apparently gave him some sort of look....because the lady started cracking up. She said "well, duh!"....we proceeded to get our usual 2 chocolate chip cookies and the lady was still dying! I wish I could have seen the look I gave Jay, because I can only imagine that it looked like a "Mary" look. (You can always see what she's thinking because it's all over her face...I love it).
That's all I got........super boring.
Oh. I'm also looking for a triathlon.more on that on Tri-ing to Stay Fit.
Have a good weekend!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I've got one sick kid and it's the worst one because he's the littlest and whiny and grumpy. I love boring weeks--but I've had way too many lately,
who cares if its taken you a while to get the house ready....its not like you're in a huge hurry or worse that Jay was living in another state waiting for you guys. If it makes you feel better...brad finally finished our whopping 13 stairs after over 3 years of "I'll finish it next week." He only finished because his dad is here and made him finish finally.
You'll be here in less than a week. Yay. And if you want, you can ride my bike around the back bay...even though my bike is worse than yours, it still works!
Post a Comment