no, not that one, you sickos.
My mind is a jumble of stress, worry, and general pissed-off-ness... so I'm sure this is going to be one incoherent mess. My sister Holly seemed to do a great job describing things...read that.
The "C" Word is cancer. Cancer sucks. It has taken and effected many people in my life, but right now it's messin' with two of my favorites. Jay's mom has breast cancer and started chemothereapy today. My 22 year old sister has Non-Hogkins Lymphoma and started chemo last week. She was diagnosed and started chemo within 5 days. Both Sandi and Mary will be fine....in about a year. It's gonna be a long year. My insides actually hurt for them. I wish I could take their pain and suffering away.....I'd do it in a heartbeat.
I went and visited them both this last weekend and had to see with my own eyes that they're okay. That made the worry a little better, but the pain is still there. I can't wrap my head around it....WHY? I know that's the question everybody asks when things go badly, but I can't think of another way to say it. How does this happen to someone so young? Why does she have to put her life on hold for a year+, when it hasn't really started yet? I know, there are no answers. It's all just CRAPPY.
I want so much to make things better, but am helpless. I don't know what to do, don't know what to say. A bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup and a knit hat don't even scratch the surface, I know. But it's all I can think of. I'm sorry.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I'm sorry that you're dealing with all this! Mary and your mother-in-law will beat this thing!
the c word is a nasty little word indeed... you never truly understand the saying "when it rains, it pours" until you're in the thick of it! your family has been in my prayers since i received holly's call last week... i can't imagine the mixed emotions you all are feeling right now... elated for holly, worried for mary... it is definitely too much to wrap your head around! xoxo
I am sorry "cancer" is having such a negative effect on you and your family. How are things going on your house? Loves
Shaunee...
so glad Julianna found me bloggin'...loved catching up with you via your blog for a few minutes--I'll do more later when I'm not 1/2 asleep! And so sorry to hear about Mary's cancer...holy craziness! Is that the same kind Chris had? Your kids are SO grown up, WOW...you look great, can't believe how much Eric is Jay's clone...(we have a few of those too). I've looked for you on facebook-crazy site, but it's been fun re-connecting with all sorts of HS friends. Are you still in AZ? (I haven't read down on your blog yet)
Post a Comment