Thursday, July 17, 2008

Where have I been?

Last week I drove Rebekah and some of her friends up to Girl's Camp. After lots of drama, I ended up staying the entire 3 days. Long story, Rebekah would kill me if I shared all the details. Who else but me would be lame enough to CAMP for 3 days, on a whim, unprepared, etc. Someone had an extra sleeping bag, and extra toothbrush, contact solution, etc. I can't even say any more without ranting.

We drove home on Thursday morning, took a shower AND a bath, took a nap for an hour, then packed to go CAMPING again. This time we went to Leo Carrillo Beach, near Malibu, CA. (the trip had been planned for months, so I couldn't back out) Add it all together and I was camping for a week straight! Yuck! Dirt, sweat, dirt, bugs....it gets old after about a day and a half. Actually, I love Leo Carrillo. It's my favorite camping spot. We've gone there 7 of the last 8 years. We had tons of fun laying in the sand, climbing rocks, playing in the ocean, boogieboarding, surfing, napping, and eating.

We're back home now for just long enough to finish the house (hopefully), get some work done, get Eric ready for football camp, and go again. House-hunting this time?

3 comments:

Potters said...

Hope when you are out this way we can get together! It has been way too long.

We love camping at Leo Carrillo too, but the ground at that particular place seems incredibly hard.

Mary said...

Good ol' girls camp. I want to go camping at Leo Carrillo! I've never been and it sounds like fun...maybe for a day or two.

And I better see you guys when you come down here!

Mary said...

Oh yeah, and if Dad and I carpool -- I will be the one driving, no doubt. I would get motion sickness if he drove.