We've been working and painting and building and cleaning for about 2 weeks now. Non-stop, intense kind of DIY. Lots of time and money spent at Home Depot. We decided to take a break after dinner on the 4th. The boys were in the backyard messing around. Jay said "Hey, make sure you have shoes on. There are rusty nails all over the place!" Just a short time before this, Eric and Jay were tearing out the old patio cover...getting ready to put up the new, larger, spectacularly fantastic new one. Eric chases David and screams "OUCH!", plus a couple other words, and collapses on the grass. Knuckle-head didn't have shoes on. Stepped on a nail. We ended up in the ER for a tetnus shot. Fun times were had by all.
See that lovely ID band on his wrist? They gave me a matching one...'cause I'm his mama and he's a minor (I think). We were in the parking lot leaving and Eric decided to rip his ID band off. No scissors...just brut strength. You know....15 year old hulk-like. Well, then he was so pumped that he decided to rip the band off my arm, too. He ended up punching himself in the eye...I was laughing so hard...I thought we were going to have to go back into the ER and explain what a dork he was. He does have a little bruise on his eye:)





3 comments:
we've had this happen at our house--I'm talking crutches and the whole nine yards, ridiculous kids.
I HOPE you do sell you house. I would love to be able to have a better chance at seeing you and your family.
PITA? I love it.
HAHA!!! Oh, I worry about that kid. The "followed by a couple other words" and punching himself in the eye. I was laughing so hard. I can just picture that now! SO FUNNY.
Sorry about the ER visit, but funny story about the wristbands. I hope I get to see you next trip.How are your in laws doing? Loves
Post a Comment