Saturday was an awesome day! This is Mary and me before the race......body marked and ready to go. Poor Mary was so nervous, I thought she was gonna puke. Overall, I had a great race and had a great time. I don't think it was fun for Mary... it being her first race and all. I had to get that first race out of the way before I could have fun. Anyway, I beat my time from last year by 8 minutes. It was all on the bike. I averaged almost 16 mph, which is really good for me. I felt sooooo good afterwards. Mary finished 8 minutes behind me, and did an awesome job. She totally pushed through the "I'm done" temptation at the end of the bike, and finished strong. I think it's funny that she got the same time that I did last year. I am so proud of her! There were only 13 people in her age group, and two of them DNF'd (did not finish). I really hope that now she has the "first time" worries and jitters out of the way, and knows she can do it, she'll come and do it again next year. The now-traditional post-race meal at Nielsen's was REALLY yummy. The post-race nap was heavenly. The family dinner that night was good, too. Julianne and her family, Jimmy and his family, Mary, my Mom, and Carla all came over to bbq hamburgers and hotdogs. It's a little loud with 18 people in the house, but really fun (for a couple of hours). Next time everyone comes over I'll be more organized and set up a Wii competition and card games and such.... but I had too much on my mind for this time. Still, we had fun just visiting and eating. (The rest of the race pics are of us bending over, nice butt shots, therefore, not post-able. If I can find more that are decent, I'll post them later.)
For Mother's Day I ordered Chocolate Chip cookies from Paradise Bakery for the ladies in the ward. I think it went off well.... who doesn't like cookies? Besides, their cookies are WAY better than anything I make, and I didn't want to spend hours and hours baking. Selfish, I know. But that's just the way the cookie crumbles.
Mother's Day morning, Jay and Rebekah made me French Toast for breakfast. It was soooo good. David did the clean-up, which is a HUGE present. After church, Eric made me a grilled-cheese sandwich (his fave), crispy bread, melty cheese....yum. I also got a new cycling jersey and a t-shirt from my favorite bike shop. I still think it's really strange that I get so excited about new workout clothes. Still, I'd live in them if I could. Later that night, we went to Julianne's for games and dessert. We played the card game "Peanuts", which Jay and I totally lost. I don't remember who won, just that I lost. I hate that game:)
Then, of course, there was Survivor. I can't believe that little twerp won! It felt so anti-climactic. After a season of such blind-sides, strategic play, and dumb mistakes.... Parvati! Are you serious!?! I don't have anything else to say about it.... just, what a let down. I still have to watch Desperate Housewives and the season finale of Brothers & Sisters....let's hope it's not a let down, too. I can only handle so much disappointment. I don't want to ruin my endorphin buzz.





3 comments:
I've been waiting to hear all this news. I'm glad you beat your time--that's always a good goal to have and what a great day for both of you. I am getting ready for my big day though it's no where near what you just did!! Cookies--GREAT IDEA. We got a plant...need I say more?
keep up the great work--whoever thought workout clothes would be wanted...isn't that a great feeling?
It sounds like you were on a real high. Again,I am so proud of you. How has this week been for you?It sounds like it has been busy. I hope we can find a tri to do before I head to Florida. Kami
YAY, Shaunee!
Post a Comment