Last week:
Wednesday & Thursday: Bekah graduated from 6th grade & the last day of school.
Friday & Saturday: The weather turned cool (relatively, AZ speaking, high 70s & sprinkling) and we did yard work. For 2 WHOLE days. I hate yard work. REALLY hate yard work. My arms are still all scratched up.
Sunday: Kelly & fam came to town for the weekend and so the whole fam-damily came for a BBQ. How many cousins can you gather around one Wii?
It turns out that 19 people can fit in my house at the same time, for about 4 hours, and no one will die. Close, but no deaths. I think most of the kids had fun. It was fun for Julianne, Kelly, and I to visit for a little while. I even got to do the big-sisterly thing of making fun of Kelly... her bowling Wii form is hilarious!:) You know, I just realized... it was so hot and there were so many people, and so many things to get ready for dinner, I have no idea if anyone actually went outside to shoot hoops, play on the swings, etc. I do know that the kids were loud and seemed to be having fun, and Julianne, Kelly, Jimmy, Amber, and I got to talk for the first time in...YEARS.
This is Jimmy and his two boys, James and Patrick. James is DONE with the crowd, ready to go home, and Patrick is just chubby:) It was fun to watch Jimmy and Kelly interact again. After not living close to each other for years, they still fall into the same rolls immediately. Teasing, laughing, just like when they were teens.
This week:
Monday, we took the fam to see the new Indiana Jones movie. Lame. Don't bother wasting your money.
Tuesday, I took Bekah to get her hair cut and highlighted. She's been begging to get her hair highlighted for months, so I finally caved for her birthday. It looks so cute!
Wednesday, I managed to finally clean out my laundry room. I've been meaning to do it for at least a year. It took all day and night. My laundry room is and always has been the resting place for all things miscellaneous, needing to be picked up in a hurry, "I'll put it away later", etc. I hate laundry and hated it worse when I felt like piles of crap were gonna fall on me if I turned around the wrong way. I'm so relieved! Of course, now it's the cleanest room in the house. Why is it that as you complete a big project, everything else around you seems to blow up? If Mom is sorting, cleaning, tossing, organizing...why is that a signal to everyone else to leave the biggest mess possible everywhere they go? I don't get it.
Wednesday, I managed to finally clean out my laundry room. I've been meaning to do it for at least a year. It took all day and night. My laundry room is and always has been the resting place for all things miscellaneous, needing to be picked up in a hurry, "I'll put it away later", etc. I hate laundry and hated it worse when I felt like piles of crap were gonna fall on me if I turned around the wrong way. I'm so relieved! Of course, now it's the cleanest room in the house. Why is it that as you complete a big project, everything else around you seems to blow up? If Mom is sorting, cleaning, tossing, organizing...why is that a signal to everyone else to leave the biggest mess possible everywhere they go? I don't get it.
Anyway, that's a brief update of my week. I'll have to get into the latest teenage shenanigans next time. I'm so underwhelmed with life right now, but at the same time I'm very overwhelmed with all my parental responsibilities, work load, weight issues, and life crap. I think this is one of those "hang in there" parts of life.





4 comments:
I love getting the update on your life. The blog is the best thing. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate now. I love Bekah's hair. She is such a beautiful girl. I am also impressed with your huge family party. How nice of you to be such a good hostess. I am excited to see you.
First off, I wish I would have been there last weekend. To have all my nieces and nephews in one place at the SAME time is amazing.
Second, when I scrolled down and saw the pic of Rebekah, I about crapped my pants. Her hair looks so good. But that wasn't it. I thought it was me for a second. Maybe Kelly...maybe Holly. It was kinda weird, not gonna lie.
I wanted to go there more often this summer, but with working on the weekends now, I don't see how that is going to be possible. When are you guys planning on coming down here? Anytime this summer, hopefully?
kah kah totally looks like Mary in that picture. And, when did she start getting boobs??
I love all the pictures. And I'm with you on May being over--it totally sucked over here too!!!
I can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment