It's May.......and I have a Migraine. I've been fighting this stupid headache for a week and it's finally got the best of me. Plus, I'm out of my migraine meds. Super.
Last week was nuts. Tuesday's book club was a hit. I never did finish the book, but I did watch the movie. I made cupcakes, fruit dip with strawberries, etc. I enjoyed the cupcakes much more than the "book" we discussed. The group was split... about half loved Jane Austin's "Emma", the other half thought she was awful. I thought it was interesting to see a girl of her "society" mature into a woman. The age difference between her and Mr. Knightly was creepy.
Wednesday was a scouts, young men/young women. I think I went to work that day, I can't remember. Drugged fog.
Thursday.......don't remember.
Friday was the ward picnic. That I remember. Crazy, unmedicated, busy day. I had to go to a client in Scottsdale in the morning, then get my hair done (really, had to...too much gray to go more than 4 weeks...it had been 4 1/2), then it was off to set up the picnic. I had 6 foot subs for 200 people. I think it went well, as I only heard one complaint...but that's just what I heard. Anyway, it's over with. As far as I could see, everyone had a good time. Done. BTW, the complain I heard was "I didn't know we were suppose to bring our own chairs". Duh! It was on the flyers!.......Bring your own blanket/chairs........it's a picnic.....did you really think I was going to set up tables and chairs in a park for that many people!?! Sorry, that was the drug fog not allowing me to sensor my sarcasm.
Friday night (after the picnic), David had a heart-breaking baseball game. Not good. They lost in the 6th inning. There were tears.
Saturday was another drug fog...I remember going to Costco for the FOURTH time this week.
Sunday we ditched church because of my migraine and David's asthma attack. That night the Kings came over for cake, ice cream, a birthday song to Bekah, and games. I lost at Peanuts AGAIN, but Eric and Jay really sucked. We really need to play a different game. The kids played Wii and watch videos with Rebekah. It was also 104 that day...so no one really went outside. I think the heat contributes to my headache.
The sudden increase in temperature, May's stressful schedule, a teenage boy who can't seem to stay out of trouble, a teenage girl on an emotional rollercoaster, trying to convince my type-A personality 11 year old that nobody is perfect, and the post-race endorphin bust, all have sent me to bed for the day.
The kids' last day of school is Thursday. Let's hope the headache goes away by then... This week I need to start working out again, too. It's really hot outside...I hate working out in the heat. I may be confined to the hamster-wheel at the gym. Doesn't that sound fun? NOT!
I just found ants in my kitchen. Maybe spraying Raid will help my headache.
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
okay--where do I start? Your life sounds like mine. I get bad headaches too--no meds for them yet, but I can see that in my future. I just keep getting refills of Tylenol 3 to take the edge off. I think life just gets crazier as the kids get older...sounds like you have a very supportive family to help when the going gets tough. Our May is busy (not as busy as yours) but sometimes I tend to shut down when it all gets too much. I haven't been very nice this month, so I need to make it up next month.
Get some rest and I certainly don't envy the heat and working out for you--I would be too wimpy. I ran in 78 degrees Saturday and thought I was going to die of heat exhaustion. I'm a complainer--Have a good rest of May, it's almost over!!!!!
I hope your headaches go away. I love how you talk about the post-race bust. I always get those. Its like your so excited/nervous, and then the race happens and it like you don't know what to do with yourself. I am glad the picnic was a success. Loves, Kami
Post a Comment