Sunday, April 6, 2008

Frog Jumps Suck.

Last week was nuts...here are some highlights.

In 5 days, I saw 5 baseball games (two little league, three high school). I'm a hardened baseball mom, and that's a little much for me. Snooze-a-pallooza.

I went to see my trainer twice. It was the beginning of a new straighth training program (it changes every 3 weeks). On legs day, I almost puked. Seriously. On my way home I was seconds away from pulling over to the side of the road. It took some major self-talk to not toss my cookies. Two words: frog jumps. You wouldn't think that would be bad, but trying to jump your 30-pounds-over-weight butt off the ground 45 times. It will make you want to chop your legs off. Go ahead, try 5. Let me know how you feel. Really! Squat on the ground, with your bum almost touching the ground. Jump up like a frog, as far into the air as you can. Upon landing, return to the starting position and repeat....quickly. Now imagine that there are people in the room with you. You get to look that lame in front of others! Oh goody. BTW, that wasn't the only exercise in my hour-long session. Just the one that I hated, and sucked at, the most. And my legs still hurt (4 days later). I get to do it again tomorrow. Yea, me.

I had my usual other tri-training sessions, too. 1 swim, 1 plyometrics, 2 runs, 3 bikes. My favorite was Saturday morning's bike ride. I made Jay go with me. We rode to our favorite breakfast spot (Paradise Bakery) first, fuelled up, then headed out for 20 miles. Wowza. That was tough. But invigorating. As you can guess, breakfast was the best part. A close second-best-part was the I did it! feeling when we got home.

With less than 2 weeks left before our big tax deadline, of course, there was lots of work, too. At the end of the long week filled with work, kids, and training, we had to work some more. After our ride on Saturday, Jay and I went into the office for a while. NOT a fun way to spend the weekend. He had to bribe me with Pei Wei, but the work that needed to get done, got done. Add in Costco, Albertsons, yard work, laundry, argueing with teenagers, and getting the house to a point where it doesn't look like the victim of looting. That was the weekend.

This next week is going to be equally busy. More intense training (May 10th will be here before I know it), LOTS of taxes, LOTS of baseball. Nothing exciting, just a lot of it. Typical. Jealous? I didn't think so.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you that you did your 20 mile bike ride. I am also so glad that you are getting you butt kick by a trainer, because it seem like it is really helping you feel better. :) I hope you survive your busy week next week. Kami

Holly said...

And I was complaining about my schedule...why again? Yours is crazier, I just needed a pity party for me. Good luck this week.

heidi said...

Good luck with the frog jumps. I would be crying.

I started running again and it feels great. I feel like I am almost addicted to it. I'm not running a solid 3 miles yet, but it's a start for me.

You are going to have an awesome body with all this training and excersize--way to go--I am definitely cheering for you!!!

Mary said...

Okay I tried doing those frog jump things...and I did 7 and I was DONE! I don't know how you did so many.