Thursday, April 24, 2008

Drama Update

After going head-to-head with the athletic director, Eric's baseball season ended early. Apparently, he can override the coach's recommendations and interpret the rules any way he wants. The Athletic Code of Conduct clearly stated that the player will be suspended for 20% of the games from the time of the infraction. The athletic director thinks that means 20% of the total season. We were willing to take it to the next level of "directorship", but the season is almost over and all the fighting will just make things worse for the little angel. Ugh. School politics are awful. It's who you know, who likes you, who you give the biggest "tax deductible donations" to, blah, blah, blah. Just like the high school social food chain. Lame! I won't rant anymore......but I'd like the school athletic departments to hear my favorite one-line-lecture, usually reserved for teenagers: Pull Your Head Out!

This past weekend, my nephew Christian got baptised, and my sister Mary came for the weekend. Jay and my kids had to go to So Cal to see sick family members, but I got to stay and hang out with Mary and Julianne. So fun!




These are Mary's pics.... my camera died, as usual. If Julianne has better ones, I'll post those later. Whatever....I hate pictures.

3 comments:

heidi said...

First of all--you look GREAT!

Second--for that whole Athletic Director mess--what's up with that? We sound like we may be similar. I get VERY defensive where my children are concerned and I would have gone head to head also over that. Bad thing about me is I can really let loose and then I have to go back and apoligize for my rudeness. Isn't it fun being a mom?

I haven't seen Julieanne in forever either--you all look so great!!

Holly said...

poor eric!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the baseball stuff. I saw you called the other night. All my girlfriends from college came in town. I just got back from being with them. I will try giving you a call tomorrow. I hope you are doing well. Fun that you got to hang out with some of your sisters. Loves, Kami