CARS: Yesterday on our way home from church, the van broke down. I mean...it died. Dead. Done. (these are the terms that brought Jay to the decision: replace timing belt, pistons, engine...whatever.... I stopped paying attention after he said it would probably just be better to replace the damn thing) This means that I get a new van..... but I'm carless until then (hopefully tomorrow). I am NOT looking forward to the payments, since we haven't had one in a long time. I may be guilted into working more hours...gasp!
BASEBALL: Today in David's baseball game, he hit a grand slam (that's bases loaded, hit the ball over the fences-home run, 4 runs scored, for those of you not baseball savy). Standing ovation, high fives, screaming fans, giant smiles. It was great.
CYCLING: I had a HUGE workout on Saturday. Swam 500 yards then went cycling for 2 hours. 25 miles. Had a flat tire 8 miles in (that's why the distance is only 25 miles). Fixed it and finished the workout. Afterward I went to my fave bike shop and got aerobars for my birthday. The endorphins lasted the entire day.....I felt awesome. My heartrate stayed in the 140s the whole ride...which is perfect! I am still stoaked. No other word quite describes it. I'm excited to see how my performance in the race goes. 12 days to go.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Yea for a new car--I'm all about new cars. Being married to Darin kinda did that to me.
We have no one in sports right now so it's weird--congrats on the grand slam!!
You are an excersizing machine!! You're going to disappear before you know it.
Have a great day!!
happy birthday!!! i'll b callin u later!
I am so happy you got aerobars. I think you will love them. I hope you had a good birthday yesterday.
Post a Comment