Wednesday, March 12, 2008

WooHoo! I'm Average!

The average Amerian woman is between a size 12 and 14. Until recently, I've been above that. However, after a year and a half of HARD work, I am officially average. WooHoo! This was no easy task, people. In order to get this far, I eat WAY too much protein for my liking, not enough carbs, and my beloved ice cream only once a week. I exercise WAY more than the average Joe. 2 strength training sessions and 5-6 45+ minute cardio workouts per week. Yikes! I only know ONE other person that exercises that much (my friend, Kami, the rock).

My official weight loss since I started the LONG journey, is 17 pounds and 6 inches each around my waist and hips. I'd go into how frustrating the scale's number is (definately not big enough), but this post is about celebrating my success. I only look at the positive things I do once in a while.... most of the time I'm bitching about how I just can't do things right. This is about recognizing that I did something good, and I'm still on the road to being thin and healthy (no detours, maybe a couple of side streets........in 18 months!).

I just realized that most of my blog is about talking myself into being a positive person again. HaHa. That's interesting. Who knows, maybe it'll work. I'll just say this: At one time in my life I was optimistic and cheerful.... just not so much in the last 10 years. Not at all in the last 5. If this "journaling", the meds, and exercise and nutrition, etc. doesn't work, nothing will. I am seeing progress....

Anyhoo............ for today..........Yea, me!

6 comments:

heidi said...

Awesome on the weight loss. I myself struggle too. I am average also. Starting Weight Watchers hopefully will jump start me to lose again. I had a big weight loss last year and am now in need of a boost.

Have a great day!

Rebekah's Mom said...

Now we can encourage each other on! It is nice to know someone in the same boat...with some of the same genes.:) Good Luck!

Potters said...

You make me laugh! That is a good thing. We all need to laugh. I need to work on 20 pounds that worked their way on the last two years. In New Hampshire I had a fitness center at our condo and did the elypitcal every day. That was all I needed to keep in shape - and cutting the sugar. When I get rid of the headache I've had for over a week, I'll start jumping on my little trampoline again...
Serena

Anonymous said...

Shaunee, I am SOOO proud of you. You have worked so hard for so long you deserve to see success. Keep up the good work. It make me happy to see you so happy. Great Job! Kami

Harper said...

Way to go, Shaunee!

I hate weight and all that comes with it, and my hat is off to you! :)

Mary said...

I weighed myself (never a good thing), and I weighed more than when I started to work out. Everyone keeps saying that its muscle, blah blah blah! I don't care!! I want the number on the scale to go down, not to rise!!! Its frustrating.