Saturday, March 1, 2008

It's Official!

I registered for the first triathlon of the year. May 10, Tempe SheROX. 1/4 mile swim, 12 mile bike, 3 mile run. I've got 2 "training" races scheduled, too. Mar 29 5K and Apr 17 Splash 'n Dash (swim/short run). These two races serve 2 purposes. The first is just plain practice. The second is to complete a goal I set last year. Before my first triathlon last year, I set a goal to finish 5 races before I turn 35. That happens on Apr 30. In short, by the time I turn 35, I will have accomplished the following (in the last year and a half): Lost 20+ pounds, re-vamped my diet and nutrition, completed 2 sprint distance triathlons, one open-ocean 3/4 mile swim race, 1 5K race, and one swim/run race. I'll also be 1 1/2 weeks away from my 3rd triathlon and 5 1/2 weeks away from my 2nd open-ocean swim. If I can pull this off, I think my 35th will be happy instead of depressing. Proving to yourself that age is really just a number..... priceless.

4 comments:

heidi said...

hey if you want to make a trek our way Hunter and Darin are running a 1/2 marathon on Memorial Day in Laguna Hills. Delaney is going to run the 5k and Dylan the 1/2 mile. Me--I'll just sit back with Lukey and whine about all my feet problems. You are so awesome to be doing all this. Very inspiring.

Mary said...

Holy crap. You are amazing. Thats all I have to say about that.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on signing up for the races. I'll have to look into it. It would be fun to do another race together. I am also so impressed with how far you have come. Love Ya, Kami

Potters said...

The Potters will be rooting for you!