Monday, March 31, 2008

NAMI 5k

So, the race turned out lame. I think I came in seventh. Truly. There was a starting line, a finish line, the streets were closed, and I got a shirt. That's about the end of "race" detail. There was a pack of little boys running with their coach (they were first) and another lady in a sports bra who finished a minute or so before me. That's it. I think everyone else was walking, or maybe strolling. I passed one lady who was alternating jogging and walking (like me) and two teenage boys who were sprinting, passing me, and then stopping for a rest. I think the course was cut short, too. I finished in 29 minutes, and I don't run fast enough for that to have been 3 miles. We asked someone after I finished about the length of the course and they had no idea. Whatever. I got in a good run, passed a couple of people. That's good for the ego.
Some people from church ran a 5K in Anthem the same day. I should have signed up for that race. This one was for "a cause" so I figured it'd be good. Lame.
These ladies started the race. Everyone was just walking behind them. I couldn't really start until I saw someone go around them.

It looks like I need to work on my form:)

4 races down, 1 to go!

5 comments:

heidi said...

That is awesome that you are signed up to do so many races. All I did today was walk to VT--that took maybe 6 minutes to walk there and 6 home. I am in some serious need of MOTIVATION!

Congrats on the NAMI 5k--Just think--one goal accomplished. That's more that I can say!

Harper said...

Nicely done, Shaunee!

Best of luck with your triathlon!

Holly said...

I was thinking of doing a 5k so I could be just like you. You truly are inspiring.

Mary said...

I didn't know you did a race! You are totally going to kick my butt in this triathlon. Seriously. I suck at running. I hate it.

Anonymous said...

I am just happy that you did the race. If more people were motivated like you you would have had a bigger race:) You are a inspiration for all those that should be doing 5K's and aren't. That is awesome that you have done 4 races and you only have 1 left. Kami