It's been a month since my last post? Oops. Just remember that I hate September, it is always a super hard month for me...but now it's over and I can hopefully start being productive again. I have some pics to post in the next couple of days but I'll do a little fill in for now.
Eric turned 16 over the summer, and finished his Eagle Project two days before he was able to get his license. Hence, he is a licensed driver now. At first (ok, still) it was a little scary, but it is really nice having another driver. I don't have to drive to early morning seminary! WooHoo! The down side is that he gets lost A LOT. The gas bill is not fun. He had his Eagle Board of Review two days before we moved, so now we are just waiting for the paper to come in the mail, making it really official, and so we can plan the Court of Honor. He is loving his surf PE class and has straight A's! (that NEVER happened in AZ) It is a wonderful transformation that's happened over the kid and I just pray that it lasts:)
Bekah is still adjusting but is doing well. Impecable grades and cross country times that are improving each week make for a happy girl. The way that Math classes are set up here, in 8th grade, it's Algebra. Well, in AZ it's a year behind that. So, she's in Algebra having never taken Pre-Algebra. We are really proud of her. We is doing great because of all the hard work she is putting into it.
David turns 13 this week. He is a little beach bum. He goes almost every day with either Eric or Jay or both, and gets really mad when he can't go for one reason or another. He's getting really good at surfing. He's still himself....perfect grades, the cleanest room in the house, etc.... but is suffering from 'teenager dumb'. The symptoms of this are hard to put into words. This kid that has always been smart, lots of common sense...like a mini adult-is SO a teenager. He asks stupid questions, forgets what you told him 2 minutes ago, is clumsy, etc. We love him to pieces, despite this 'setback'. He makes me laugh every day. Last night we had the CA family over for dinner for a little party for David. It was the first party we've had in the new house. I think it went well:) We got some more stuff put away because people were coming over, so that was good. On Wednesday, David's actual b-day, I am taking him to Disneyland with my mom, Holly and Grady, and Mary. He is super-excited to not have to go to school on his birthday! I told you.... teenager all the way.
Jay is working his buns off, but like I said, goes to the beach daily. It is keeping him centered and grounded. He is happy and content. He is the Varsity Scout leader in our new ward and seems to be having a good time with that. It's basically just having fun with the 14-15 year old boys once a week. Last week they did Jiu Jitsu...everyone had a blast.
I am struggling, still. I miss my network of friends (Julianne, you're included in that:). I love the weather, our new house, being closer to the CA family. But I am lonely during the day. Especially when Jay is out of town. I have made friends, but not the kind that you can call up and go for a coke or go shopping with, etc. I know it will take time. Overall, it's good. My friend Kami is close by so that helps. I am the Activities Committee Chairman at church (I know!) and am nervous about how the first party will go (Christmas). I'm going to do a Christmas in Bethlehem kind of thing. Still, 300 people that I don't really know? Talk about intimidating! Oh! You're not gonna believe this one...my cousin Heidi talked me into doing a 1/2 marathon with her in May. THEN my sister Holly talked me into doing a 1/2 marathon with her in March! I can't believe I agreed! 13 miles?! Seriously! I SUCK at running. This is going to be interesting, to say the least. SO, in March I'll be running in Moab, UT with Holly (and hopefully Mary) for FSA (Families Supporting Adoption) and in May I'll be running with Heidi in Laguna Hills, CA. I'm going to have to throw in a couple of triathlons just so I can add the two sports that I don't suck at (swimming and biking) into the training mix. Wish me luck! And if you can.....join me! (hint, hint, Julianne)
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I'm so glad that things are going well for you guys! It sounds like this move was for sure what was best for your family.
Brian and Jay have the same calling in church. Brian is great at it for the same reasons Jay is good at. They just play. Blake is in there now with Brian so it's good that he's also getting to play with one of his boys.
Good luck with your calling. I'm not sure I'd be loving that one. Our ward did a Christmas in Bethlehem (i think i spelled that wrong) and it turned out so so good. I bet yours will be a huge success!
Good luck on your big runs. Wow my hats off to you! I found out real real quick that I was no runner but I may attempt the Pat Tillman Run again,maybe, we'll see. Brian on the other hand and Brent too, have become quite the little runners. Brian has been thinking of doing the turkey trot (it's a 10K) maybe he'll decide to just go for it and run with you and Holly and Mary if she gets to do it.
I hope you guys continue to settle in and adjust.
Take Care,
JoLynn
Thanks SOOOO much for coming this weekend. I have missed you too- I REALLY wanted to get in the car and go to CA with you tonight. It SUCKS not having family close by- I sound like a baby but it is true...I think it gets harder the more kids you have. Anyway, I will stop here on that so I dont sound like a bigger baby. Anyway- I would love to do the 1/2 marathons, I really would. I just have to be realistic right now- time and money are just not there in my life at the moment. Hopefully that will change soon! :)
We really should get together one of these days:) Murphy's Law--I move out when you move in...but I'm only 45 mins away. I'm where you're at with the friend thing and it plain sucks at this age! Good luck with your marathons--that's awesome!
Yeah! That is awesome that you are doing a half marathon. I will help you with doing some triathlons. :) We need to get our schedules together. I am sorry you can't call me up to get a coke.:) We could go to Henry's together or something (ha ha). Loves
Post a Comment