Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Broken Hearts
My friend gave birth to her 5th child a couple of weeks ago. This baby boy was born 2 months premature and had Down Syndrome. After a 13 day stay in the hospital and a surgery on his gut, things seemed to be going nicely. He suddenly developed heart problems and an infection and passed away less than 24 hours later. Last night we paid our respects and showed our support for the family and watched Karl's two older brothers and two older sisters grieve for their lost brother. The youngest sister is just 4. Her eyes and cheeks were all red from the tears. I watched the four surviving children each try to touch their mother in comfort as her shoulders shook with tears and loss. My heart is broken for my friend and her family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
That is horrible.....very sad.
I am so sad for the family. I hope she can find peace somehow. Did you get to take that meal over to her? Loves, Kami
That just breaks my heart! A guy that Brian used to play softball with many moons ago was driving home from a sporting event of some sort. His wife and two sons (ages 11 and 6) were with him and a couple of teenage drivers going about 75 just T-boned the car killing both of his sons. This couple a few years prior to this accident lost their little baby girl to an illness and now they lost their two boys. Man you gotta just feel for families like this. Loosing a loved one is hard but I think loosing a child would really really be hard. I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's loss. I'll keep her in my prayers.
On a little more upbeat note-thank you so much for your words of encouragement on my running thing. Man it may kill me but I'm trying. However, I did this hoping to possibly shed 4 or 5 pounds and instead I've gained 4 or 5 pounds. What the heck is up with that? All I can say is that I'm starving all the time. Brian says I'm not eating the right foods to give my body the fuel it needs to do what it's not at all used to doing. Man I hope I don't gain anymore or this running thing is for the stinkin birds!!! Thanks for your inspiration and example.
Well take care! Thanks again!
JoLynn
That is soo sad! Your poor friend.
Post a Comment