...I crave creative outlets in Fall. In the last month, I've taught myself to crochet (made a scarf for PITA2), taken a sewing class and re-learned how to sew (MANY thanks to my friend, Laurie, who is doing the class) (made a couple fancy-schmancy pin cushions, a couple flirty aprons, 4 pillows for my TV room, napkins for Thanksgiving dinner, etc...lots of small "detail" projects), cleaned out and organized ALL my craft-y stuff...sewing, painting, scrapbooking, knitting, etc., knit half a dozen hats...hmmmm, I'm still restless and wanting.
...I'm the meanest Mom in the world. I won't let PITA1 go to Homecoming because he's not 16 yet. I lost PITA2's sports bra right before she had to be at a race (it was miraculously in the dryer where I must have hidden it...it wasn't there when PITA2 looked), and I made PITA3 go to a church thing for 12-18yr olds...two days BEFORE he turned 12. I know.... how do I live with myself?
...My baby, PITA3, turned 12. It's a big b-day, religious-wise, around here. So there was LOTS going on. My pants are still a little tight from all the cake, ice cream, and expecially Texas Roadhouse (for his b-day dinner). The kid's got good taste:) It's a little weird for all my kids to be "teens". I thought it was just yesterday that they were all toddlers. Time does NOT hold still. For all of you baby/toddler moms.....take a big deep breath next time your little one hugs you tight...arms barely reaching around... They won't be that little, or smell that good for long.





3 comments:
YUM!! Texas Roadhouse...I am so jealous! I went to Bennihana for my "last meal" and it was good, but wow, I am paying for it now!
I'm glad you are back--I've missed your posts!
It sounds like you are quite the crafty one lately. I hope all is well. I mention in my last blog that I was done racing. Well, I couldn't go without my drur for too long.:) I found a duathlon close to my house, and it was today. It was a great race. I just got on your triathlon blog. That is cool.I hope you find a new race to do. Loves
Post a Comment