I need new jeans. I got rid of all my old ones. They were either too big or too high waisted. Now I have none. I went to the mall today. 3 hours later, no jeans. I think I tried on over 10 styles and sizes. Apparently, I am a very popular size because there were NONE to be found. The one pair I did find were too long and the store didn't have any more "short" lengths...just "medium". Hey, buyers...... not all of us are medium! Is it too much to ask for even ONE store to stock ONE pair of jeans in my size? I went shopping in search of jeans, a crisp white shirt, casual shoes to wear with the new jeans, and a new purse. I came home with a box of See's chocolates. Fashion frustration at its finest. Anyone have any ideas for where to find jeans for a curvy girl? All I want is straight leg, mid-rise, in a dark-ish wash. Simple, right?
The economy is in the crapper and the retail stores are feeling it. I've never encountered so much pressure from the sales people! Even Bath and Body Works had the sales girl practically running after me to get me to buy some new aromatherapy stuff. All that pressure for $15? Maybe if the stores got some smarter merchandise buyers that actually buy clothes for everyday people (not size 2 and not 6 feet tall) retail sales wouldn't suck so much. Ya think?
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
do you ever go to new york and co? i buy lots of "trouser" jeans there for work, but they look super cute with flats... they have short lengths, too! xoxo
Oooooh. Great tip! Julianne gave me the same one. I'll let you know if I ever make it back to the mall for another round of jean shopping. It was kinda a downer.
Post a Comment