What a week! Wow...it just flew by.
I spend last week hanging out with my lil sis, Mary, while she had her third chemo treatment. I'm gonna channel my 80's voice now........ "Dude, chemo sucks". It's a strange experience to sit in a room full of people being pumped full of poison, hoping that it kills enough bad cells, but leaves enough good ones so they can recover. The next two days to follow are more awful, then slowly gets better until......guess what?........it's time to go get pumped full of toxic crap again. I am so glad that Mary is 1/2 way done now though. It may be a Merry Christmas after all! Jay's mom is about 1/3 of the way through her treatment, but her "toxic coctail" isn't as strong as Mary's....so I just hope she stays as "healthy" as possible through the rest of it. So far, so good.
I flew home on Sunday afternoon, to a nice, happy-to-see-me family. They even met me with a Diet Coke! And a clean house! Maybe I should go away for a week more often:) Monday morning brought me right back to the thick of a very full schedule, not enough hours in the day, and definately not enough energy to take care of it all. Talk about a rude awakening! I keep thinking it's still Monday, and it's Thursday already!
I'm sure everyone has heard....but I've got to add it... Holly and Brad are finally parents! Yay! Grady Floyd McMorrow was born Sept 5th. I am soooo excited to meet him. I'm so happy for Holly and Brad. I tear up everytime I think about them and their little fam. I am now the proud aunt of 9 nephews and 3 nieces. Wow!
Well, I'm off to cross country practice (Bekah) and a football game (Eric).
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
glad you're back--you are all so good to each other as sisters. it's hard to get thrown back into life though...
Your September is 2/3 done. I am so happy you are doing a triathlon in two weeks. I am doing one the same day. We will have to think of each other while we are out there. Loves
Post a Comment