Thursday, September 25, 2008
A New Endurance Athlete is Born
Tuesday was Bekah's first Cross Country meet. She did sooooo good! See her rounding the corner and passing two girls? I couldn't be prouder.
The race was 1.6 miles. It was 105 degrees, so yes...the last .1 miles totally count! There were 3 schools there, 60 girls in her race. She came in 25th overall, and 2nd in her school's 7th grade group.
It was REALLY hot that day. And it was her first race. The courses for these meets aren't really well marked, so she wasn't sure how much further there was to run. At the end she said that she could probably go faster if she would have known. She also started out at the back of the pack (super shy - didn't want to get in anyone's way) and next time will try to start closer to the front. It's all about strategy now.
Bekah and Daddy after the race. She did SOOOOOOO good. I know, I already said that. But, still...I'm so proud. Yea, Bekah!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I am so proud of Bekah. What a proud mom you are. It is moment like that make being a mom so rewarding. I bet it is neat to see how happy and proud it make her. I hope she keeps it up. It sounds like it is a really talent. I hope things are going good for you. Loves
She sure has grown from the days at the ballpark playing with Shaylee. Way to go Bekah. You have some great kids Shawnee. You deserve to be so proud.
Alright Bekah!!!!!
I wish I were close so I could come and embarrass her at a meet or two!
(She looks like MEP in the pic where she is drinking the water...)
Post a Comment