We had such a fun Father's Day. It was so relaxing. The kids made Jay breakfast in bed....French Toast. I passed out chocolate chip cookies for all the dads at church. After church we had our weekly grilled cheese sandwiches, Sunday nap, and then lots of games. Risk, Hearts, King's Corner, you name it. We completed the day by having pulled pork sandwiches. I love how Jay is so low key and loves the simple stuff. If it's un-fussy, he's happy.
I am so grateful that my kids have Jay for a dad. He is so awesome. He understands each kid individually and has such a good relationship with each of them. He's always such a good example for them, too. Even when things don't go his way, he's open about it and a good example for how to make things better next time, or how to get over it and move on. Besides being a great dad, Jay is the best husband ever. I love him more and more as time goes on. Time may be taking it's toll on the two of us, but I still see him as the same guy I married. That's cheesy, I know. But true. It's a weird thing, after you've been married for 16 years, you see a picture of your spouse, and wonder when he (and you) have aged. Sorry, I won't get any gushier. Jay has been the source of joy, a life-saver, best friend, cheering section, coach, motivator, and all the other good things in life. He's also been the pain-in-the-butt when he needed to be, which makes him even better. Anybody that will put up with my crap for as long as he has deserves some sort of reward.
I also need to pay tribute to my dad. He's always supported me, even when he wasn't crazy about what I was doing (cheerleader in high school, getting married at 18, etc). He works harder than anyone I have ever met. He's always looking at how to make things better for everyone else. At the same time, he's realistic. He doesn't judge when things don't go perfectly. I have always held my Dad's opinion in the highest regard. I have always wanted to make him proud of me. Even now, at 35, I still crave my dad's approval. My dad has a big & tough front, but underneath he is the most empathetic person ever. I have no doubt that if I needed something, my dad would come through. He always has. Love you, Dad!
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
What a nice tribute to Jay and your dad. You and Jay are such a great couple and I love the way he support and treats you. It is a wonderful thing to have good men in your life. Keep me up dated on if you are moving to Cali. Loves
Jay and your dad are great! :)
Post a Comment