Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Best Day of the Year

Ah, the first day of school. For me, it's better than Christmas. Today was the first quiet day I've had to myself in 3 1/2 months! While I do love my little darlings with all my heart, I really, really, really look forward to school. Today was a total treat. Jay is out of town, so our annual breakfast date is postponed until Friday. Instead, I came home and took a nap. A good long one, guilt-free. Then I treated myself to lunch, ALONE, and went and got a mani-pedi. SO needed. I may have let a moan slip out while the nice little Vietnamese lady massaged my feet and calves. By then it was time to pick up Eric (2:30), so the peace and quiet was over for the day. But guess what? Tomorrow I get peace and quiet again! I may clean and unpack tomorrow. Unless something better comes my way. Hey, it's like summer vaca for me now (at least til Friday when Jay comes home).

In the last week, we did NO unpacking whatsoever. We went to the beach, Sea World, the beach, Sea World again, and more times to the beach. I swept up a week's worth of sand off my floors today, and let's just say that it could have weighted down a small punching bag. Oh well.

I don't want my AZ friends to think that life is a total beach, so I'll gripe a little. It has been HOT. Not AZ hot, but humid and very warm (85-90), making for hot in the house without a/c, trouble sleeping hot. Two nights ago I was still up at 3:00 and got up and sat in front of the open bedroom window, wondering why I was so sweaty. There was no breeze-the air was stifling and damp. I just sat there and waited for a little bit of air movement. Since Jay is in AZ this week, he said he turned down the a/c in his hotel room and slept really well. I had 3 hours of sleep last night, due to insomnia, the heat, and no hubby in bed.

Anyway.........yeah for schedules, routine, and peace and quiet!

5 comments:

heidi said...

I agree with you 100%!! i love that you did the beach and Sea World...what a fun way to end summer!

We definitely need to get together real soon. Maybe after Labor Day? Are you guys doing the beach on SAt? If you are maybe we could come and park at your house and walk down? Are you that close? I'll call you!!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Well your life at the beach and Sea World sound delightful! I love the way you enjoyed your first day of school. That's awesome! Good for you!

Your sleeping issues make me feel so sad for you! There is nothing worse than being hot and sweaty and trying to sleep. Lately, I either sleep like a rock or I lay there all night looking at the clock. I'm not sure what is up with that! Old age is what I'm thinking!

Enjoy your beach!

Take Care,
JoLynn

Julianne said...

Have you found the camera yet...I want to see pictures! Is Rebekah doing ok???? Miss you guys! Colby wants to play with Rebekah!

shayla said...

I do a happy dance the first day of school too...but mine can't include a nap or mani pedi just yet... lucky girl! So glad you're at least moved and getting settled. Maybe by Christmas you'll be done. Enjoy the beach until then:)

Laurie said...

Sounds like you are having fun amid the challenges! We miss your family, but are so glad it was a good move for you! Yea for happy involved kids!