Monday, August 24, 2009

All settled?

hahahaha! That would be a good one. We've been here for two weeks. The important stuff is settled and put away. The rest is.... not so much. We'll get there, but for now we are enjoying the beautiful weather, being outside, and exploring our new digs. The kids are settling nicely. They all have friends and social lives that are better than the ones we left. There is definately a higher power guiding our family right now, and I am very thankful. The troubles we had have been traded for new ones, and I'm okay with that. We are in a good place.

Here's a quick rundown of what we've been up to:
-moved out of AZ.... lots of help and lots of tears. friends and family are extremely missed.

-moved into CA.... lots of help and no tears. family, old friends, and new friends are very appreciated.

-met my cousin, Heidi (whom I hadn't seen in 9 years!), at the beach. it was so good to hang out and realize how similar we are!

-hanging out and dinner with the Banks. old friends...so much comfort.

-kids have been to two movie nights, played 'fugitive' all over the neighborhood with the ward kids, and the older two have been to two dances.

-Jay's been back to Phx and I survived my first 4 day stint alone with the kids.

-HUGE amounts of $$$$ have been spent. food, more food, stocking up at Costco, school clothes, shoes, new bedding, etc, etc.

-went to OC a couple of times to see family... this last Saturday we were there for Holly's family's big day.

-went to a luau. AWESOME food and entertainment. (including my Bekah doing a hula!)

-we've also been to the beach... A LOT. almost every day!

-Eric tried out Water Polo for the first time. decided that coming into a new sport like that as a junior when all the freshmen have been playing for 4 years is probably not a good idea.

-Jay's parents have been down our way a couple of times to help put things away and help paint the boy's rooms. first big projects are done.

Well, that's what comes to mind. My camera charger is still MIA and the battery is dead, so, pics will have to follow. I guess you'll all know when I get more unpacked, huh?

2 comments:

heidi said...

I LOVED seeing you and your cute family! We definitely need more of that!! When you are settled, let's get together. I thought I would be more helpful to you this week and last, but the kids starting school has proved to be a routine shaker! Now I am in the car most of the afternoon and the mornings slip away so quickly...When I know more of the kids' sport schedules I'll have a better idea of what my days look will look like! But, if you need anything PLEASE call me!!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I'm so glad that you got moved and your working on getting all unpacked. The important thing is that your in a good place and your where your supposed to be for you and your family.

Don't go crazy unpacking and doing all of that. It's not going anywhere. Just take it one day at a time!

Take Care,
JoLynn