Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Own Mountain

During these crappy economic times, it's really easy to think that someone else's problems aren't as bad as yours. I just want to send a fair caution out there..... I promise you that you don't know exactly what is on that other person's path. What their mountain of crap is. Chances are, if you knew, you really would NOT want to trade places. We all have our own personal mountain of crap to overcome. I believe that "mountain of crap" is custom made for each one of us. We're not gonna get one that is beyond our limits. It may seem that way, but in the end we'll find that we did it. The trick is to find out what you can learn from your path and to just take one step at a time and overcome it, hoping that there is a valley before the next mountain. I think that everyone has felt the economic crap on some level, some have it extreme. Others have teenagers who keep them up at night worried to death, causing them to relocate their lives, others have little kids zapping every source of energy from them, still others find themselves starting over in mid-life, and many other various situations.... some of us have more than a couple of these. Please... let's not judge each other and their mountain. Just be supportive, lend a helping hand when we can, a shoulder to cry on when needed, and prayers that times will get better for everyone soon.

3 comments:

heidi said...

Amen sister.

Well said.

I hope we all can come out from these experiences having learned whatever it is we are suppose to learn.

I am thinking about you, can't wait to see you sometime soon and will keep you in my prayers.

I know all of our own struggles are different and heart wrenching in their own way...I pray that nobody is judging you because that is a terrible thing to do!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Man I think we could be best friends! Everytime I read your posts I just think man I hear and feel where ya coming from! You are so right everyone has their own battles and struggles and the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence either. I guess we should just all be thankful and grateful for our own mountains but sometimes I think o.k. I am tired of this mountain! When times are really tough I just think about the old saying, "it's the darkest right before dawn". As of late that saying has been in the back of mind quite often.

As for anyone ever judging another person, well...all I can say is that what comes around goes around so ya better watch what you say and how you judge becasue I can promise you, you will get bit in the butt and BAD! I sure hope that you haven't had anyone judge you wrongly. You are a great gal, you hang in there!!!

Take care and my prayers are with you!!!
JoLynn

shayla said...

yup...pretty much my thoughts exactly. Amen. Hope you figure out your loan crap soon, cause I know how much that kind of stuff just plain sucks.